How to Delete an Xbox Live Account?
If you play Xbox or Microsoft games, there is every possibility that you will have an Xbox Account. If you have one, you might have experienced that this account had helped you a lot when you played games in Xbox and even when you played Microsoft games on other platforms like Windows mobile or your PC.
But, at one point if you might feel that you do not need the Xbox account anymore. In general, people decide this just because they do not want anyone to reach them through this account for playing games.
Point of issue
When you intend to get rid of your Xbox Live Account, you will face an issue. For instance, let us consider that Microsoft and your Xbox account are not the same.
In this case, they are not regarded as individual accounts either. Also, they are bound to the Microsoft Accounts they are connected with. If you have this issue, you cannot delete only your Xbox account.
When you intend to delete your Xbox account, you will have to close your Microsoft account as well entirely.
Closing Microsoft Account – What to know?
When you close your Microsoft Account, you should remember a crucial thing. Yes, when you do this, you will lose access to all the Microsoft products and services that require you to log in for using. It encompasses all types of contents and even applications and games that need you to log in using your Microsoft or Xbox account.
Moreover, you cannot just close your Microsoft account only with a simple notice. On the other hand, you will have to mark your account for closure. After you do this, it will take around two months for the account to be closed.
After two months, you will lose complete access to all contents and services that you have been using so far with the Microsoft Account.
How to delete your Xbox Live Account?
Here are the steps you will have to follow to delete your Xbox Live Account completely:
- Go To https://account.microsoft.com/?refd=support.xbox.com and log in using the account that you wish to delete.
- Once you sign in, you will see an option called Security in the toolbar that will be present at the top of the web page.
- When you visit the security page, you will see an option called More Security Options at the base of the web page.
- Now, the web page might ask for your account password for confirmation. Also, Microsoft might send a security code to your email and your phone.
- If you do not receive a code to your phone or email, you can provide the code that you find on the web page.
- When you do this, you will find an option called “More Security Settings”.
- Go to this option and scroll to the very bottom of the page and click on “Close my account”.
- When you do this, you will find a list of recommendations given by Microsoft to have a look before closing the account. Once you read them, click on the option called “Next”.
- When you are on the next page, you will find many terms along with checkboxes. Just read and understand all of them and check all those boxes.
- Now, click on “Mark Account for Closure”. You will find this phrase at the lower end of the page. When you click this, it will be understood that you are aware of the fact that it will take two months for the account to close.
- You will lose access to the website of Microsoft and other services and apps through this particular account for which you have requested the closure. However, this will happen only after 60 days. Also, your access will be permanently closed.
Once you follow the steps above, the process from your side comes to an end. Now, all you have to do is to wait for the next 60 days. After this period, the Xbox Live Account will be permanently closed from Microsoft’s side. You will no more be able to login using this account details to your Xbox Live and even other Microsoft services.
But, the thing to remember here is that to close your Xbox live, removing the entire Microsoft Account does not find to be fruitful from my point of view. However, unfortunately, this is the only way to close your Xbox Account currently offered by Microsoft to the users. So, think over before you apply for closure of your Xbox Live Account.
Some useful tips
If you find that you are not in a position to get rid of your Xbox Live account just because of some issues with your notebook or laptop, you can use some applications. Yes, there are software programs and apps that can scan the repositories.
After a complete scan, they can help with replacing the missing and corrupt files. This will work in most instances, where the issue with your Live Account was due to a system corruption issue.
For instance, there is a software called Reimage that will help you with this. With this software, you can optimize your system for the utmost performance. It means that you can continue to play the Microsoft games using your Xbox Live Account without any issues.
What more do you feel about deleting your Xbox Live Account? Why have you arrived at this decision?
Please share your thoughts here.